Monday, August 2, 2010

Ginger Cabbage Stir Fry

I really thought I already had this recipe posted since I've made it this season. My friend's mother gave me this recipe. I've tryed it in a few ways since, adding tofu or broken pieces of veggie burger, or an egg, or a splash of hoisin sauce when serving.

Last night I stirred in 2 Tbsp of apple butter before adding the veggies. I grated the onion instead of slicing it, and that made it more of a part of the sauce. I also grated in half of a zucchini and a small bunch of carrots. Delicious! A very adaptable recipe.

Ginger Cabbage Stir Fry

2 teaspoons Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
1 Onion, sliced or grated
3 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons minced Ginger
1 head Napa Cabbage, cleaned, sliced and chopped
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar


In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oils and heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and saute, stirring, for 1 minute. If I'm adding any other spices or sauce ingredients, I stir them in here. It distributes better that way.

Add the cabbage and cook until it wilts, about 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir well, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Serve over rice or other grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment