Friday, July 16, 2010

Babaganoush

The recipe for Babaganoush came with the farm newsletter. I wish I could credit the person who submitted the recipe, but I lost the original page. This is based off of memory. I made it one more time to be sure I remembered it correctly.

Babaganoush

1 large eggplant
1-2 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup parsley, thick stems removed, chopped

Grill, broil or bake the eggplant until soft and collapsed, turning a few times. The skin can become blackened in places.

Chop the garlic cloves small and mush in the salt to create garlic salt. In a bowl, combine the garlic salt, tahini, lemon juice and parsley. When cool, remove the eggplant skins and add the eggplant to the mixture. Stir well. If you prefer a smoother texture, blitz in a food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment