Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vegetable Puree

When all the veggies from yesterday's pickup were spread out across my kitchen table, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. There was so much there! I never want anything to go to waste.

So I made a puree. It stores much smaller and is a different texture than other veggie preparations so my meals don't get boring. Puree can add excitement to simple things. I think I want to use it as a bed for a roasted vegetable dish. Doesn't that sound pretty?

If I had an orange, I would have used orange juice instead of lemon and I would have grated in some orange zest. I used stem ginger, since I had some I wanted to use up, plus that adds a touch of sweetness.

Carrot Puree

1 small bunch of carrots, cleaned and roughly chopped
Salt
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp minced ginger

Steam the carrots until soft. Using a hand blender or food processor (or a fork and some determination) mash the carrots to your preferred texture. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment